Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hot Town, Summer in the City.

So, in the past couple days I have passed the 100,000 play mark on my MySpace page. I know in this modern age of technology this may not seem like a lot-- but was really a cool moment for me. I wanted to say thanks to everyone who has stuck by & supported me in doing what I love over the years. There is some exciting news on the horizon, and I can't wait to share it with all of you.


Speaking of exciting-- I am so stoked for my tour dates in August. I can't wait to show you all what I've been up and to get some bottled up energy out on stage.


"Silent Running" by Mike & the Mechanics just came on my iTunes... man, I love this song. Can you hear me? Can you hear me running? Anyways, in addition to my new music I've been working on, I've also spent a little time with some of my favorite songs. A friend commented to me not so long ago, asking why I always cover 80's songs. For starters, it was a fantastic decade, and not just because of my birth. But they had a point in asking, so I will be posting a new cover for you guys shortly that ISN'T from the 1980's. In fact, it was originally recorded in 1971. Any ideas what it could be? My only clue is that I decided I should cover it over the 4th of July weekend.


After Mike & the Mechanics comes Miles Davis... "Kind of Blue" to be specific. I should probably dim the lights a bit before I keep typing.


Actually, I'll just end this blog post right here. You know what is sweet? Between now and my next blog post I just might be seeing Lionel Richie perform a free outdoor concert on Lake Michigan. That will most likely deserve it's own blog post. Strike that-- it's own blog.

Salt Peanuts,
Salt Peanuts,
Mark

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a great Mike & the Mechanics song. i assumed you were into them since you seem to lvoe Genesis so much!

can't wait to hear the new cover.

loving the new songs, btw.

-Chris

Anonymous said...

1971, eh? Good year. Good year. No guess, however.

Anonymous said...

sweet.
i'm loving your demos.
they're great.

can't wait to see you with empires. gonna be good times.

aileen said...

beyond excited for the new cover!

really really wish i could see you with empires..
i was SO pissed when i missed you with spitalfield when you guys were here in australia last year D:

..i've been following you for years.

come back soon, okay?

Anonymous said...

Could it be "Immigrant Song" by Zeppelin?

Anonymous said...

You should probably record your cover of "PYT". Just a thought!

Jessica said...

hehe salt peanuts.

Aww I'm jealous about Lionel Richie... seriously. I'll bet that concert already passed. But if it hasn't I gotta look it up...

And my guess is... Behind Blue Eyes by the Who. Fantastic song, was a hit in '71, and your voice would definitely do it justice. By far.

I hope all is going splendidly, Mark :)

Anonymous said...

do you believe in rock and roll? can music save your mortal soul?

Jessica said...

So... I know it turned out to be A Horse With No Name... but I still think you should definitely cover Behind Blue Eyes.

Seriously.
:)